Friday, November 2, 2012

Create Every Day - Day 2


Finally got the initial drawing finished for my mosaic table . . . . it took several rough drafts.  In fact, I did so many drafts and erased so often, that in order to see my final draft, I had to put it down in permanent marker  . . . Thank goodness for Sharpie. 

Next comes cutting and placing tile.  I haven't decided if I want to go with large 1"x1" tiles or if I should cut those down a bit.  Since I am undecided, I have not committed to anything by gluing tiles down.  Tomorrow is my Mosaic class, so I will definitely need to go one way or the other quickly. 



The second half of my day was spent organizing my craft and art supplies - no small chore.  My hubby, Gus, and I live in a very small apartment.  Unfortunately, at this time, I do not have a studio and have to find storage space catch as catch can.  The dining room table serves as my work space - it will do for now. 

Thanksgiving Tag Nov. 2, 2012
My Thanksgiving Tag for November 2nd is focused on the beautiful blue and orange tiles that I have been working with.  I just love all the aquas, the deep sea blue, the light turquoise, the tangerine orange . . . . they look so happy and remind me of the beautiful ocean right outside our door.  I am Thankful for the time to explore my creativity. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment