Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cup of Java

Cup of Java

Assignment 3 - your favorite cup.  Naturally, my favorite cup was in the dishwasher, and the only cup available was a glass one....arrrgggghhhh.  So, I made myself a nice pot of coffee and tackled the task of drawing a glass mug filled with coffee sitting on a glass wicker table.  It turned out pretty good, I saw after I was done that my dimensions are off slightly on the top rim of the mug, but again, I can live with it.  I really felt it important to do the entire background this time, to captuer the feel of the glass and wicker table.  One of my weaknesses is backgrounds and composition. 

I love doing these drawing assignment, they are such great practice and really make you "see" whatever it is you are drawing. 

I had to finish this drawing tonight, as my week will be busy with a watercolor painting workshop I am participating in.  A week of intense painting, I figure I will be pretty wiped out by the end of the day.  Class goes from 9:30 until 3:30, and Wednesday we will be painting in the Rain Forrest - El Yunque.  I will be posting about the experience and uploading my finished works. 

Again, your feedback both good and back is welcomed and appreciated. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous! i love seeing what you come up with each week! Painting in the Rain Forrest sounds simply AMAZING!

    I can't decide which coffee mug of mine to paint...LOL when hubby and I got married we had a paint-pottery-for-the-couple party instead of registering for fancy china. So we have a half a dozen mugs painted by our loved ones in our cabinet. How am I ever going to choose one? ..maybe I'll just do a series of them ^_^

    ReplyDelete