Friday, January 7, 2011

"Pain and Comfort" - First Assignment Drawing Shoes

Okay - so how hard can it be to draw a tennis shoe, I thought to myself as I started sketching out my running shoe.  That was before I realized the entire surface of the shoe is mesh!!!  It took forever to get the texture to my liking.  In order to have a more complete composition, I decided to put my slipper in the drawing too.  As soon as I kick off my running shoes, I slip my feet into my soft fuzzy slippers.  Again, in thinking of adding them to the picture, I realized that it couldn't be that difficult to include them.  They are cream colored, fuzzy with no embellishments....Wrong again.  The texture of both the slipper and the tennis shoe were very challenging, but I am satisfied with my little creation.  I think the perspective of the slipper is off slightly, but at this point I can live with it.  Comments are welcome . . .

2 comments:

  1. Looks AMAZING! You inspire me to try to improve my drawing skills! Got any ideas for next week?

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow your drawings are awesome. I am thoroughly intimidated. Your Blog looks awesome too! hugs
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete