Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Day In Old San Juan

Started off the day having breakfast at my most favorite Cafe in Old San Juan "Cafe Cultura."  It is a fantastic place right off the plaza. 


Inside Cafe Cultura

My hubby and I are trying to get a better feel for Old San Juan, so we basically just started wandering around the streets.  Up one street and down another. 

Apartments in Old San Juan


Currently My Back Yard
Currently we live in Isla Verde directly on the beach. 
 
However, Old San Juan offers such a sense of culture, ambience.  We started discussing the logic in renting out next place in the heart of Old San Juan.  Naturally, it would have to be in an apartment.  My greatest concerns with making that move is the traffic, the traffic, the traffic.  Second runner up would be parking, and lots of tourist partying their butts off. 


The City Walls Encircling Old San Juan
 I talked to several people who work in OSJ, and the scoop is that none of them live in town.  The reason given was traffic, traffic and more traffic, followed by no parking and lots of drunk tourists. 
Living on the beach is wonderful, and the commute into Old San Juan is less than 10 minutes.  So for now, unless an apartment in OSJ with cheap rent, and with parking comes along, the decision is to stay in Isle Verde or perhaps move into the Condado area and just visit Old San Juan when the urge hits.

On a bright note, I visited several Art Galleries on Calle Fortaleza in OSJ.  Two of them were way on the Modern and Abstract art side, Galeria Botello and Galeria Exado, where my work won't fit into at all.  However, the last one I visited, Galeria W. Labiosa the owner (Wilfred Labiosa) is interested in seeing my work, and perhaps (if he likes my stuff) selling my watercolors there!!!!  I am very excited.  Next week will be dedicated to painting some small Puerto Rico watercolors, and taking them by.



Feliz Navidad from Old San Juan





1 comment: