Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fresh Start

Today, my creative energy was used to clean out and clean up my work space.  This happened as a result of looking for an hour for a palette, that I knew was somewhere in the immediate area.  Finally, in frustration, I decided that this is enough....I gave up the search for the missing palette and started sorting through, organizing and throwing out old supplies.  Not such a fun way to spend an afternoon, but hoping it will lend itself to more productive hours spent creating instead of searching!  Still haven't found the misplaced palette.....
Gus my 10 yr. old boxer "watercolor"

Tomorrow, I am off traversing the enchanting island of Puerto Rico.  Hoping to get lots of reference materials, and of course I am taking my art journal along.  Originally, I was going to make this a week long excursion, but having pity on "Gus" my boxer, and not wanting to put him in the kennel, I have opted for a couple day trips instead.  Tomorrow the itinerary is to  drive to Ponce, which is located on the southern end of the island.  Hoping for good weather and light traffic (a big, big hope for light traffic). 

Now, tired and worn out from my cleaning, it is time for a shower and some down time.  I am very much looking forward to my trip, and will be blogging upon my return. 

1 comment:

  1. I adore this painting! Great job! DO you have any ideas for a subject this week? If you like, you can make the post tomorrow or Sunday (or tonight). Otherwise- my assignment was going to be a hand. Lame, right?

    ReplyDelete